Search this Blog & the WWW

Pages

Monday, June 13, 2016

Working visit to Tokyo, Japan - The flight out - Part 1

Had to make a working visit to Tokyo, Japan last week. The flight was via ANA at a very early time of 7:00 am on Sunday morning. Had to wake up early and travel by car and arrive at KLIA around 4:00 am.

The airport has some activity but barely.


Was fortunate enough to be entitled a business class ticket so I was able to use the ANA designated lounge. Not as impressive as MAS' Golden Lounge.


Out the window I can see the plane that will take me to Japan.


ANA 816 uses a Boeing 787 Dreamliner. My first on this type of aircraft. Three obvious unique thing about this plane is the much higher ceiling, the bigger window and the electrochemical powered window dimmer.


Look at the size of the window. Just below it is the control for the electrochemical dimmer.


The on-board entertainment is not as extensive as MAS but even then I was able to cram in 3 movies. When we arrived at Narita Airport, Terminal 1 South Wing, I had to exit the plane via stairs and use the airport bus as ferry to the terminal. Was very surprised we were not allocated an aero-bridge.


Immigration took about an hour (it could have been earlier if I knew the priority entitlement came with business class passengers). Anyway, took the luggage and booked a ticket for a limo bus to get to Tokyo and to the hotel.


It is just a quarter past 5:00 pm in Tokyo as I head towards the city.


On the road, I noticed how clean all their trucks were compared to what you'll find in Malaysia.


Tokyo Bay.


Tokyo City.


To be continued.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails